Walter-Brendel-Zentrum für Experimentelle Medizin, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
The major aim of this central bio-imaging platform (infrastructure core facility) is to provide access to state-of-the-art one- and two-photon intravital imaging microscopy to the members of the Collaborative Research Centre 914 (SFB 914).
We provide professional advice and assistance in planning and setting up microscopy experiments, sample preparation and imaging as well as in post-imaging reconstruction and analysis.
HEAD OF GROUPDr. Hellen Ishikawa-Ankerhold
PHONE +49 (0)89-2180-76531
- Laser Scanning Confocal (LSM)
- Image Analysis
- Histological staining
- Microtomy (Cryostat/Vibratome/Paraffin/Resin)
- Spinning Disc Confocal
- 2-photon Scanning Confocal (2-P)
- We provide animal models allowing MP-IVM of immune cells in several mouse tissues and organs, including bone marrow, lymph node, arterial wall, spleen, liver, gastric mucosa, ear, placenta, Yolk sac; Embrionic liver and cremaster muscle.
- We use transgenic report mice expressing fluorescent proteins in distinct cell lineages, including hematopoietic progenitor cells, monocytes, neutrophils, dendritic cells, or T cells.
- Imaging is performed under both non-infectious and infectious S2 safety conditions.
- We provide professional advice and assistance in planning and setting up microscopy experiments, sample preparation and imaging as well as in post-imaging reconstruction and analysis using Volocity™, ImageJ™, ImSpector™ and Imaris software.