Wissenschafts- manager Forschungs- infrastruktur (m/w/d), Bonn
Für die Administration und Koordination einer campusweiten Forschungsinfrastruktur der Medizinischen Fakultät der Universität Bonn und Unterstützung der Nutzer suchen wir personelle Verstärkung in der Koordinationsstelle wissenschaftliche Infrastruktur.
- Mitwirkung bei der Entwicklung und Umsetzung zur strategischen und operativen Weiterentwicklung der wissenschaftlichen Forschungsinfrastruktur der Medizinischen Fakultät, insbesondere der Core Facilities
- Mitwirkung bei der Konzeption und Koordination der Management- und Beratungstätigkeit der Koordinationsstelle wissenschaftliche Infrastruktur
Ihr Profil (u.a.):
- Ein erfolgreich abgeschlossenes Hochschulstudium, vorzugsweise in einem naturwissenschaftlichen Fach oder Medizin, eine Promotion ist wünschenswert
- Erfahrung in der Forschung und Koordination wissenschaftlicher Projekte, vorzugsweise im lebenswissenschaftlichen Umfeld
Weitere Informationen: Webseite des Universitätsklinikums Bonn
Student Helper for Light Microscopy Facility, Dresden
... which aims to provide about 200 researchers with state-of-the-art imaging techniques and support for their imaging projects.
- a team player? Independent? Reliable? Responsible? Service oriented?
- available for at least one year (the longer the better)?
- a small, friendly, dynamic, international team (working language: English).
- a core microscopy facility which aims to provide about 200 researchers with state-of-the-art imaging techniques and support for their imaging projects.
Your job would include...
- weekly system checks (2x per week), including: cleaning the systems, exchanging light sources, laser power measurements, general check of system parts.
- ordering small parts and consumables.
- updating databases to follow up on system performances.
- whatever else you are interested in learning about microscopy and data analysis.
- being part of our team.
The position is available from 1 August 2019 for 10 hours a week for a period of at least 1 year.
Link to the job advertisement: https://www.mpi-cbg.de/education-careers/jobs/article/news/student-helper-for-its-light-microscopy-facility/
Postdoc for Advance Optical Microscopy Bioimage Data Analysis, Barcelona
A world-class Advanced Optical Microscopy (AOM) hub exists within BIST (Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology), spearheaded by facilities and research groups at CRG, IBEC, ICFO and IRB Barcelona, doing research and development at the forefront of this field. To complete the picture, IFAE hosts one of the most powerful computing centers for scientific data processing in Spain: PIC (Port d’Informació Científica).
The AOM strategic program at BIST seeks applications to fill a postdoctoral research position focused on the development and optimization of image analysis techniques for supporting experiments using super-resolution and 3D high-throughput live imaging data.
The successful candidate will work in a multi-institutional team environment, closely collaborating with scientific data processing and computing researchers at IFAE/PIC as well as with the teams at the microscopy groups/facilities at CRG, IBEC, ICFO and IRB Barcelona.
Application deadline is May 19th.
Please find further information in this PDF document
Technical Assistant, Münster
The Imaging Network at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster offers a full-time permanent position for a Technical Assistant in the field of microscopy. The employment contract is based on a collective agreement (Tarifvertrag der Länder). The grouping takes place according to the transfer of tasks and fulfilment of personal requirements up to TV-L 9.
The Imaging Network's mission is to provide scientists at the WWU with expert and sustainable support in the procurement, use and further development of modern imaging technologies. The network provides a platform for booking and billing existing equipment, coordinates maintenance and repair, supports the different workgroups in establishing new imaging techniques and trains users in the handling of complex instruments and methods. It supports the workgroups in managing more than 20 different microscopes and has over 150 users per year.
- Independent maintenance work and quality measurements on the microscopes
- Training of new users in the different microscopy systems as well as project-related support
- Support in the development of new methods for recording and evaluating light microscopic data
- Sample preparation (e.g. cell culture and antibody staining)
- Support in the administration of the booking system and the central image database (OMERO)
- Completed training as a BTA/CTA/MTA or comparable qualification
- Experience in working with light microscopes
- Extensive experience in sample preparation for fluorescence microscopy
- Experience in the evaluation of microscopic data with Fiji/ImageJ and other image analysis software
- Experience in macro programming/scripting is desirable
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team, motivated and service orientated
We offer an interesting and important job in a modern and international scientific environment. As a member of a motivated team, you will find plenty of room for your personal development. Your main workstation will be in the well-equipped Centre for Molecular Biology of Inflammation (ZMBE) and after its completion in the new research building Multiscale Imaging Centre (MIC).
For more information about the Imaging Network, please visit www.cells-in-motion.de or contact the coordinator Dr. Thomas Zobel (email@example.com / +49 251-83 59057)
Link to the job advertisement (de): https://www.uni-muenster.de/Rektorat/Stellen/ausschreibungen/st_20190804_tb1.html
Microscopist / Project Manager, Freiburg i.Br.
The well-established Microscopy and Image Analysis Platform Freiburg (MIAP, https://miap.eu) was founded in 2016, supported by the DFG call for “Core facilities” with the aim to connect microscopy and image analysis resources in Freiburg at the Albert-Ludwigs University, the University Medical Center, the Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics (MPI-IE) and the Fraunhofer Institute for Physical Measurement Techniques (IPM), in Basel at the University of Basel and the Friedrich-Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI), in Strasbourg at the Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire (IGBMC) and in Mulhouse at the Université Haute-Alsace.
- Master’s degree (M. Sc. or comparable degree) and preferably a doctoral degree (Ph. D.) in biology, physics, life science or comparable fields.
- Experience in basic and advanced light microscopy techniques.
- Proactive team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills who enjoys working with and connecting to people from different scientific areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (Working language in MIAP will be mostly English).
- The ideal candidate is ready to work in a dynamic international multi-user environment, connecting scientists and facilities across different research areas, institutions and borders.
Please find further information in this PDF-document.
Technical Assistant, Cologne
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing (MPI-AGE) was founded in 2008 with the aim to understand fundamental mechanisms of healthy ageing. The institute is part of a broad network of research institutions in the Cologne-Bonn area dedicated to research on ageing and age-related disease, constituting a vibrant and collaborative environment for research. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology and excellent core facilities, to which the successful candidate will have access, the institute provides outstanding research opportunities for its scientists. At the moment, we host about 270 employees from more than 30 different nations.
The FACS & Imaging Core Facility (head: Christian Kukat) provides light microscopes, cytometers and cell sorters, and histology equipment. More information can be found on our webpage at: https://www.age.mpg.de/science/core-facilities/facs-imaging/
We are seeking a full-time (39 hours/week) Technical Assistant (m/f/d) FACS & Imaging Core Facility. The position is available immediately and will be time limited to 1.5 years.
- Transmitted light, fluorescence, and confocal microscopy
- Experimental assistance on various research projects in the fields of microscopy and histology
- Training and support for users of the core facility
- Calibration and maintenance of microscopes
- General lab organization and administrative tasks
- Professional training as technical assistant technical assistant (BTA, MTA, BioTA), laboratory assistant, B.Sc., B.Eng., or equivalent qualification
- The position is suited for entry-level workers and they are encouraged to apply
- Experience in cell sorting/flow cytometry is an advantage but not a requirement
- High commitment, responsibility, motivation, and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to work both independently and with a diverse group of people in a customer service-oriented environment
- Good English skills are necessary in our exciting international environment.
We offer an interesting and multifaceted position in an enthusiastic and collaborative team, located in an outstanding, international scientific environment and the possibility of regular training. The employment contract is based on contracts for the civil service (TVöD, Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst). The Max Planck Society is committed to employ more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Are you interested?
Then please upload your complete application documents in electronic form as a single PDF file, via our online application platform/website.
Deadline for application is: 25th February 2019.
You can find our application platform at:
Data Scientist, Bonn
The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Data Scientist (f/m/d), Code: 1621/2019/1
We are seeking for individuals with a high motivation to work in a service-oriented team with strong expertise in statistics and programming. You will become part of an inspiring team of experts in neurobiology, microscopy imaging, drug discovery and data science with the common goal of finding new therapies to cure neurodegenerative diseases.
You will always be at the cutting edge of scientific literature to identify promising new technologies in the fast-moving field of artificial intelligence and to develop innovative methods for data-driven drug discovery and image recognition.
As you will be involved in a variety of projects, you will grow your expertise in applied data science and signal processing. Working in a stimulating research environment, you will get in touch with world leading experts in neuroscience leveraging the latest biotechnological methods such as high content screening microscopy, super resolution microscopy and laboratory automation technologies.
Please find further information on the DZNE web page.