***** TiM2022 is cancelled *****
Due to the unpredictable pandemic situation, we sadly cancelled TiM2022. Instead, we are looking forward to TiM2023!
"Trends in Microscopy" (TiM), the biennial conference of GerBI-GMB, alias GerBI-GMB Spring School, is an intense microscopy training camp offering hands-on workshops and scientific talks from distinguished guest speakers. The program also covers fundamentals of optics and practical sessions on image analysis.
Participants will reside at the conference site, a nicely renovated ancient military base immersed in the unspoiled landscape of the Biosphere Reserve Swabian Alb, for the whole week. TiM2022 addresses in particular Ph.D. students, Postdocs, and Core Facility members.
Please find further information and impressions here, or have a look at twitter (#TiM2020).
Registration will be opened in November 2021, details will be found here.
TiM2022 will take place at Albgut - Altes Lager in Münsingen on the Swabian Alb. Lectures and workshops will be held in the Württemberg Palais. Participants will be housed on-site in the renovated officers´ quarters (3 min walk).
The main entrance is located in front of Gasthof Schützen.
How to get there?
By Public Transport:
- Münsingen is served by the Swabian Alb Railway via Ulm
- By Bus from Reutlingen Main Station with bus number 7606 or from Bad Urach with bus number X2
The closest Airport is Stuttgart Airport (STR). Münsingen is situated around 50 km from STR. www.bahn.de provides a search engine which can also be used to find specific train/bus connections from/to Stuttgart Airport to/from Münsingen.
Local Transport in Münsingen:
The bus stop in front of Albgut - Altes Lager is "Auingen, Biosphärenzentrum" (~3 km from Münsingen station) which is served by bus number 335.
The navigation address is Hauptstrasse 318, 72525 Münsingen. The parking space "Biosphärenparkplatz" can be used by all guests of TiM2022. A map of the entire area is available on the web site of Albgut - Altes Lager.
Scientific Program Committee
We thank our scientific programm committee for their support of TiM2022!
- Francesca Bottanelli, Freie Universität Berlin
- Christian Eggeling, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
- Ulrike Endesfelder, University of Pittsburgh & Carnegie Mellon University
- Maren Engelhardt, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
- Jan Huisken, Morgridge Institute for Research in Madison/Wisconsin
- Ralph Palmisano, Optical Imaging Center Erlangen