Structure, Governance, Steering bodies
The “German BioImaging - Gesellschaft für Mikroskopie und Bildanalyse e.V” (GerBI-GMB, Society for Microscopy and Image Analysis) was founded as a registered non-profit association on April 28, 2017 in Konstanz, Germany. The society's main office is located at the University of Konstanz.
- General Assembly: The supreme body that decides on general framework.
- Board: Legal representative(s) of the association. Responsible for day-to-day work and operating within the general framework.
- Advisory Board: Includes company representatives and provides advice to the Board.
Further groups within the society are:
- Workgroups: More information can be found in our workgroup section
- Office: Management of the societies interests and legal matters
The General Assembly represents the highest level of decision making within the society.
The General Assembly is planned to be held alternately at the CF managers meeting (link to CF managers meeting page) and at the conference “Trends in Microscopy” (TiM)
The board was elected at the General Assembly of the Society on March 14th 2018 for a two year period. Only individual or representatives of institutional members can be elected to the board. The board legally represents the association and is responsible for day-to-day work following the guidelines of the Statutes and the general assembly.
• Chair: Elisa May
Head of Bioimaging Center (BIC), University of Konstanz
• Vice Chair: Roland Nitschke Head of Life Imaging Center (LIC),
University of Freiburg
• Treasurer: Stefan Terjung
Operational Manager of the Advanced Light Microscopy Facility (ALMF) at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg
• Secretary: Hella Hartmann
Head of Light Microscopy Core Facility, Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CMCB), TU Dresden and BioDIP Coordinator
• Committee member: Steffen J. Sahl
Department of NanoBiophotonics at the MPI for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen
• Committee member: Stefan Helfrich
Academic Alliance Manager at KNIME GmbH, NEUBIAS Management Committee Member)
• Committee member: Christian Liebig
Core Facility Manager, MPI for Developmental Biology, Tübingen
The Advisory Board is open to individual and corporate members, who are elected by the General Assembly.
- Ralf Palmisano (Speaker)
- Head of Optical Imaging Centre Erlangen (OICE)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Core Technologies for Life Sciences (CTLS)
- Fellow Royal Microscopical Society
- Overseas Fellow Royal Society of Medicine
- Jan Peychl
- Head of Light Microscopy Facility at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden (MPI-CBG)
- Member of the Advisory Board of Czech-BioImaging (vice-chair)
- Christian Kukat
- Head of FACS & Imaging Core Facility at the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing
- Member of The International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC)
[Link to Minutes only intern visible!]