The Microscopy Core Facility provides hands-on training and access to various state-of-the-art microscopes, ranging from stereo microscopes to super-resolution microscopes and image processing stations, as well as bench space and cell culture facilities for transient sample preparation.
After a project discussion, we will give you an introduction and training on the specific systems. In the following, you can book and use the microscopes. We also provide an image processing station equipped with different programs for image visualization, analysis and deconvolution, e.g. ImageJ2 (Fiji), LAS AF (Leica Software), Huygens Essential (Deconvolution), Imaris (3D visualization and analysis), Cell Profiler.
Once per semester we give lectures about basic microscopy techniques, image processing, pitfalls and ethics in image acquisition, as well as courses (ImageJ basics, super-resolution microscopy).
Please, contact: email@example.com
We are also open for collaborations!
Please find here the link to the Superresolution Microscopy Research Group at IMB Mainz.
HEAD OF GROUPDr. Sandra Ritz
- Laser Scanning Confocal (LSM)
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence (TIRF)
- Deconvolution widefield microscopy
- Stimulated Emission Depletion Microscopy (STED)
- Functional Imaging of Living Cells
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy
- Fast widefield ratio imaging (Ca/pH/FRET)
- Image Analysis
- Stochastic Optical Reconstruction Microscopy (STORM)